Audio komentar za FM 12 - download

mbarbaric

Pozdrav,

The only English audio commentary available - NOW

Audio_Commentary_Patch_FM2012_v1_0

BY MBARBARIC

Update 25.01.2013

reupload of file so anyone interested can use it with FM13

[media=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZjTpXEqu9A&feature=youtu.be[/media]

[media=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWQjR-38ADw&feature=youtu.be[/media]

I remember maybe 5 years ago there was a patch somewhat like this that allowed audio commentary for FM and I enjoyed it despite being quite buggy. Ever since then I was waiting for SI to do this properly but to no avail. Although a lot of people play this game on full speed and with music on just rushing thru the matches I know there are a lots of us asking for this feature over and over.

Well, here it is. I won't forget the look in the eyes of my friend when we started up the game first time and commentary appeared. After CM2, FM finally has a word to describe events on the pitch and it is working quite well.

FEATURES

While your out of the box FM has around 80 sound files with crowd reactions and referee's whistle sounds, this audio commentary patch has around 4200 lines of audio commentary that describes various situations in game.

Around 80 per cent of 1062 events that can occure during the game have their own line, to be more precise, between 3 and 50 audio commentary lines that describe them.

Anything from sending off, substitution, hat trick, injury, pleas for penalties, all of them will be mentioned. Commentators will notice when your opposition will pull back to play more defensively or push up to tear you appart if they are losing in last minutes. They will notice when somebody has a good game or a poor one and they will point out things that often go unnoticed in that text commentary on the bottom of the screen.

Is it perfect? Of course not, but it is much better than you would expect it to be. Nevertheless it has problems. Due to limitations in the game, commentaries do overlap more than I would like it. But, it is inevitable as SI would have to recode the game to prevent one commentary popping up over another to stop this. I firmly believe it is doable just it is question of SI's willingness to do it.

OK, So download the file from here and try it for yourself.

DOWNLAD AT:

https://hotfile.com/...._v1_0.rar.html

INSTALLATION

It seems like a lot of work but it will take you around five minutes, four of them being the file copying

Basicaly, you need to put downloaded files into appropriate folders within data folder in your steam file and in the LATEST update (staeam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\...) folder as well. And make sure the sounds are on in the preferences.

Every time new patch installs, copy files into new patch folder within update.

1) BACKUP

First, backup the original files from FM that you are going to replace with patched ones

Go to your FM installation folder,

staeam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\events

here backup two files you will find in this folder

events.cfg

and

match_sounds.cfg

save these somewhere where you will find them if something goes wrong

Now go to

staeam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\sounds\

here backup folder "default"

and save it somewhere where you will find it if something goes wrong

2) REPLACE ORIGINAL FILES WITH PATCHED

After you have backed up your original files, you can replace them with patched ones

Extract the folders from Audio_Commentary_Patch_FM2012_V1_0 on your desktop

3) Go to

H:\Users\XXXXXXXX\Desktop\Audio_Commentary_Patch_F M2012\Football Manager 2012\data\events

and copy two files you will find there to your FM installation folder

staeam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\events

Now, go back where you have extracted the patch

H:\Users\XXXXXXXX\Desktop\Audio_Commentary_Patch_F M2012_V1_0\Football Manager 2012\data\sounds

and copy whole folder "default" into FM installation folder

staeam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\sounds

Now your FM has learned to speak, go and load a game.

If you have patches installed and I am sure you do, please extract the audio commentary files into

update folder on your installation folder.

With patch 1202 installed:

put downloaded "events" folder into

Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/data/updates/update-1202/events

put folder "default" into

steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\update-1202\sounds

With patch 1210 installed:

Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/data/updates/update-1210/events

steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\update-1210\sounds

Also, any new patch should be here also so put the audio commentary files in its respective folders.

4) START A GAME

When it is loaded go to Preferences, hit display and sound tab, make sure "play sounds" is ticked as well.

5) Turn on your volume and enjoy the game.

IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH OLD SAVE GAMES

iF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY LOSE STRING(s), A WARNING FROM FM WILL POP UP, HIT CTRL + ENTER AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONTINUE THE GAME NORMALLY. I DON'T EXPECT A LOT OF THIS, IF AT ALL, BUT I WASN'T ABLE TO TEST THE GAME ON ALL POSSIBLE EVENTS SO IT CAN HAPPEN. NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO SOLVE IT. ADDITIONlLY, YOU CAN WRITE DOWN THE LOSE STRING AND POST IT HERE SO I CAN REPAIR IT.

ANY (TEXT)COMMENTARY PATCH IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS SOUND COMMENTARY PATCH NOR ARE THE CHANTS PACKS. CHANTS PACKS SHOULD BE FAIRLY EASY TO COMBINE WITH THIS PATCH BUT I DIDN'T BOTHER WITH IT AT THE TIME.

IF YOU WANT TO USE, REUSE OR MOD THIS FILES IN ANY WAY PLEASE DO SO, JUST NOTE ME AS A CREATOR OF ORIGINAL

Edited by mbarbaric

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...